Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Purpose of this blog

I am using this blog to begin my thesis. My thesis will explore new media technologies, like this here blog and wikis. I might touch briefly on podcasting, RSS, social networking, tags, folksonomy, clouds, edge content, co-creation, citizen-marketing, microformats and more - but those topics I will remain mostly on the backburner unitl my dissertation.

I'll be writing and publishing posts that:

1) Explore the very method of getting started and using a blog to generate the focus (possibly first chapter) of my thesis- basically a meta-investigation of my work methods and the tools used;

2) Define what problem (or unfulfilled need) I am investigating;

3) Explore, synthesize and ultimately articulate a solution to that problem or a fulfillment of the unfulfilled need and;

4) Uses a hybrid personal and professional 'voice' to communicate.

In the next post I'll be posting a list of readings (not all of them) that I intend to learn from. I do not intend to use all as resources in my thesis or dissertation, but I'll learn from all of them so they're valuable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home